Bank Teaching Assistant and/or Bank Residential Child Care Officer (at least two posts)
Pay: £10.07 per hour
Job term: Initially casual hours with a view to possible future fixed hours
Appointment: School term time only (39 weeks pa)
Place of work: Hampden House PRU, Cats Lane, Great Cornard, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2SF
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you thrive on working with children and young people who need support and care combined with clear boundaries and expectations? As a residential pupil referral unit for boys with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties, Hampden House is unique. We currently have space for 12 residential boys and 18 day boys aged 8-14.
We employ Teaching Assistants during the school day and Residential Child Care Officers out of school hours. A number of our staff are employed in both roles. We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated candidates to work in either or both roles. These vacancies arise due to existing bank staff progressing to permanent fixed hours.
You will be capable of using your own initiative and working closely with children, colleagues, parents/carers and outside agencies.
It is essential that you:
- have a good standard of English and maths (GCSE grade C or equivalent) and computer skills.
- can communicate effectively with adults and young people
- are a dedicated and positive team player
- have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- are keen to learn and able to work on your own initiative
- are reliable, co-operative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Residential Child Care Officer applicants only: You are willing to undertake, or already hold, a level 3 Diploma in Childcare
If you would like to work with us please feel free to book an appointment to visit. For further information please contact phone 01787 373583 or email: email@example.com.
Please return the completed application form to the PRU for the attention of the Headteacher, stating which role(s) you are applying for.
Closing date: 2nd February 2018
Interview date: 7th February 2018